Square Dancing RV'rs

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cooking Class

For Christmas Bob gave me (Connie) a gift certificate to a cooking class. Last Wednesday I attended a Tapas class. Tapas are small plates - appetizers. The class was held at a local winery. We sat at chairs in their small kitchen and were instructed in the making of swedish meatballs, caprese, bruschetta, steak on crostini with gorgonzola sauce, and a salmon mixture on crostini. And of course, we got to sample everything they made. So far, I've made the caprese (crostini with pesto, sliced tomatoes, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese) at home.

Today, I'm attending my second cooking class - this one on soups. I know they are making a tomato basil, which sounds yummy. Not sure what else is on the menu, but I'm sure it will be fun.

The weather here has been cold - in the teens at night, but very sunny during the day. We took a walk on a new trail today. It was beautiful. We did about 500 feet of elevation gain (according to our altimiter). About 3/4 of the way up I had to open my jacket and take off my hat. I forgot to bring the camera, so will bring it the next time we do this hike.

Last Saturday we attended a baby shower for Brian and Toddi on the west side of the mountains. We're hosting one for their friends on this side (east) of the mountains this Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home