Square Dancing RV'rs

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wenatchee Yard work

After the visit from my cousin, Jan, and family we spent a week at Circle 8 square dance ranch. We took 5 days of round dance lessons followed by a weekend of plus level squaare dancing. Then the following weekend (Aug 14-16) we were again at Circle 8.

On Sunday (the 16th) , I drove to Bellevue to meet up with the FHLB walking group. We met at Jane's house and then walked 3.5 miles at Bridle Trails State park. This is a huge park with many trails and horseback riders. It was in the woods and so was pretty shady. We were passed by several groups of horseback riders. What a great area they have for riding their horses. It's amazing that this park is right in the suburbs of Seattle. After our walk we had a nice lunch - thanks Jane!

This week we're working on our yard. We're putting grass in the parking strip. It seems like it should be an easy job, but first we had to extend the sprinklers to this area. I actually shouldn't say we - since it's mainly been Bob out there doing the work.

Last night my neighbor and I went to the movie Julie and Julia. This movie is a real treat. Just makes my want to cook Julia Child’s Boeuf Bourguignon Recipe. And, maybe use some more butter! Amy Adams is so great as Julie as is Meryl Streep as Julia Child.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger rvodyssey said...

12 ladies from our neighborhood went to see Julie and Julia. We all enjoyed it. I have to admit I did not know very much about Julia's background so that was very interesting for me. We all agreed we wouldn't mind eating food from Julia's book but none of us wanted to cook it, wayyyy to much work. What did you think of Julie's experience as a Blogger?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home