Square Dancing RV'rs

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mom and dad here in Washington

We always used to hear the statement - 'We're more busy in retirment than when we worked'. Before we retired we thought it couldn't possibly be true. But after the last couple of weeks we sure believe it. We were recently the chairman of a square dance weekend here in Wenatchee. We had approximately 160 dancers for the weekend. It was hectic, but very successful.

This past week I flew to Phoenix with my brother. On the same day I then flew back with my mom. My brother and dad drove up to Washington state (1500 miles). My mom and I stayed at my brother's home with my sister-in-law. We had a mini girls weekend! My brother and dad arrived in Washington and I came back home to Wenatchee. Mom and dad are staying at an extended stay place in Federal Way for two months, and then going to the U or Oregon housing in Eugene for 6 weeks.

When I returned home to Wenatchee I found my granddaughter, Nichole, here. She came over from Everett to see her mom. Nichole has been enjoying grandson, Hudson. Nichole will be here until Sunday morning. The weather is really beautiful today in Wenatchee - 82 degrees. We'll be watching Brian play slowpitch tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home