Square Dancing RV'rs

Friday, June 10, 2011

Trip to Detroit, Michigan

In May, I flew to AZ to see my dad. We stopped by to see mom's gravesite at the National Cemetary north of Phoenix. My mom had been in the Waves for 2 1/2 years during the war years. For most of those years in the service she was stationed in Washington D.C., which is where she and my dad were married. My dad turned 90 this past December.

We're on our way to Detroit for the National Square Dance Convention. We left home on June 8th, 2011 and in three days we have arrived in South Dakota. We stopped at Little Bighorn National Monument in Montana on the way. We drove south through the Black Hills. We're now about 20 miles from Mount Rushmore. Our plan is to see Mt Rushmore, Wind Cave, Jewel Cave, and Custer State Park. We'll be busy over the next few days, so stay tuned for some new pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home