Square Dancing RV'rs

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Buffalo, NY

I was born in Buffalo almost 68 years ago.  My dad was from here so that is where my mom and dad settled after World War II finished.  When I was 9 months old and my brother was 1 year and 9 months they drove to Washington state which is where I have spent most of my life.

My dad was from a family of 7 so I have lots of cousins here in the area, plus 3 of my dad's brothers and their wives are here.  Friday night my Aunt Mary Ellen and Uncle Norm hosted a get together for us and the brothers and wives.  It was a lovely evening sitting outside and visiting.  

Friday morning we went to Niagara Falls and did the Cave of the Winds and the Maid of the Mist.  I don't know why I bothered to do my hair or put on makeup as everything was wet when I finished both of these activities.

Saturday morning we went to the Canadian side of the Falls.  Walked a couple of miles while enjoying the beautiful gardens and seeing the falls from the Canada side.  In the afternoon we met two of my cousins, Joanne and Barb, for a walk around a newly revitalized area called Canalside.  We walked around and then had an early dinner at a harbor restaurant.  A really nice day - weather was perfect.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home